Saturday, February 10, 2018



Please sing for My soul.. ...

When I find myself
On a night of forgotten supper
In a glass of wine you poured me with love,
I was a rustic kid from a faraway village
Waiting on and on with a basket of cherries
For a beloved traveller who would arrive at dawn.

As the sun goes down in Istanbul today
I remember, only remember you, my love.
Out there in the streets, where the gypsies play songs
Braving the chill, in harmony for a living
Some one was pleading, in a distraught tone
“dear o dear, please sing, please sing for my soul”

മറന്നുപോയൊരു
അത്താഴത്തിന്റ രാത്രിയിൽ
നീയെനിക്കു പകർന്നുതന്ന
വീഞ്ഞു കോപ്പയിൽ
ഞാൻ എന്നെ ...
കണ്ടെത്തുമ്പോൾ
ഏതോ ഗ്രാമത്തിൽനിന്നു
കുട്ടനിറയെ ഓറഞ്ചുമായി
വഴിയരികിൽ,
വരാനിരിക്കുന്ന
ആരെയോ കാത്തുനിൽക്കുന്ന
കുട്ടിയായിരുന്നു ഞാൻ..


ഇസ്താംമ്പൂളിൽ
പകല്സതമിക്കുമ്പോൾ
ഇന്നു ഞാൻ
നിന്നെയോർക്കുന്നു..
നാണയത്തുട്ടുകൾക്കു വേണ്ടി
പാടുന്ന
റെഡ് ഇന്ത്യൻ വസ്ത്രമണിഞ്ഞ
പാട്ടുകാരോട്
ഒരാൾ ഉറക്കെ
പറയുന്നുണ്ടായിരുന്നു
പ്ലീസ്‌ സിങ് ഫോർ മൈ സോൾ ....

Translated By : Karun Akar 

No comments:

Post a Comment

എന്‍റെ ജനാലയരികിൽക്കൂടിയാണ് അവളുടെ കുതിര ഓടിപ്പോയത് ഞാനപ്പോൾ കുങ്കുമം വീണു ചീത്തയായ ഭൂപടം തുടച്ച് വൃത്തിയാക്കാൻ പരിശ്രമിക്കുകയായിരുന...